RE: critique please

 Date:  Thu, 09 Aug 2001 06:32:12 -0500
 To:  "Jim O'Brien" <JObrien(at)witness.com>,
"'Word Gallery'" <jmjservant(at)yahoo.com>
 Cc:  "'hwg-basics(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
!! WOW !!

You mean for the last 7 years or so, I haven't been a serious code Geek?
Jim, I think there are a couple of hundred folks on this list that would
strongly disagree with your opinion ;-).

What you actually ~need~ is to know HTML like your primary language. What
you actually ~need~ is to validate every tag and attribute against a
ratified DTD.

I'll admit though, having a web browser is handy. It makes working in the
archives at www.hwg.org much easier - same for the w3.org site.

:-)
Fuzzy.

At 05:41 AM 8/9/01 , Jim O'Brien wrote:
>If you're going to be a serious web designer, then you need to test the
>sites you complete in both of the major browsers, IE and Netscape.  You
>should have multiple versions of both on your machine if at all possible.
>For IE, it's a little more difficult to have older versions.  However, you
>can download current as well as past versions of Netscape from their web
>site.
>
>http://home.netscape.com/download/index.html?cp=dju1
>
>hth.
>-- "the Design Guy"

Captain F.M. O'Lary
webmaster(at)canopy.net
The great thing about living in a small town is when you don't know what
you're doing, someone else does.