Re: Side Border & Tables

 Date:  Sun, 19 Aug 2001 10:43:16 -0500
 To:  "catwoman" <catwoman(at)enter.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:53 AM 8/19/01 , catwoman wrote:
>Hello,
>    I have a question. I was wondering with a side border on a web page is
>there an easier way to center text & graphics without using tables? And if
>so, what would it be? Thanks alot!!!
>
>With Warm Regards,
>Wendy

<.div align="center">stuff to be centered</div> is the only (reliable)
option *I* am aware of Wendy.

It will work to center the content in the viewers window back to the 3.x
browsers, but it is very flaky in 2.x and prior because <.center> was the
code of the day.

Of course . . . technically . . . you could use CSS, but the fact is that
is even flakier than <.center>, (even in 6.x browsers) and DEFINITELY will
not work reliably in 4.x (or older) versions. But in the tiny fraction of
the browsers it will work in, it is the only way to . . .center (BUT WITH
AN OFFSET) that exists, to my knowledge.

HTH,
Fuzzy