Re: Spanish web site accent...thank you!

 Date:  Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:08:17 -0400
 To:  jim(at)haslam.com,
Hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I know this is a little late but . . .

two things come to mind Jim:

1) THANK HEAVENS they "made" you use FrontPage.

It is quite easy to provide *lots* of documentation that would support the
position that is a VERY bad tool. Surely you can't be held accountable for
going against your better judgement for the sake of meeting your clients
"demand".

Now, whether you could get your knuckles rapped for not being among the . .
. Elite . . . that are capable of using this tool to produce actual ~real~
HTML may be a point of concern. I assure you - it can be done effectively,
but not by a mere Mortal so I wouldn't worry about that point too much ;-).

2) The Spanish language falls within the 'tenants' of the ISO Latin 1
Character set. As such, it is completely possible (though not necessarily
*easy*) to create English and Spanish lines - even mixtures within a line -
and have them display reliably and predictably using this character set.

Though I DID NOT CREATE THE PAGE you are welcome to go get a copy of that
character set at:

http://www.canopy.net/techtraining/asciisymbols.html

for your use and reference.

And again, sorry for the delay responding. I was forced to spend several
days camping and mountain biking and kayaking in a National Forest with the
clan.

HTH,
Fuzzy.