Re: div <clairification please>

 Date:  Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:14:28 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:40 AM 10/15/01 , Holly wrote:
[ . . .]
>We're told we can't use tables in xhtml because tables are for laying
>out data, period.  (Isn't a website data?)

Holly, I can not find any reference stating this. Could you *pretty please*
point me to where the W3 says that?

Oh, and no. I *believe* that (in context) they refer to the content of a
"web site" in general terms as  _ content _ and numeric or statistical
content as _ data _.

>We have to use div, oh, except for where it doesn't work, which is most
>places/browsers for now.

Again, I guess I'm showing not acting my age, but I can't find a browser
that does not currently support DIV. This includes as far back as NN 2.X
and MSIE 2.X. Could you *pretty please* point me to one?

Now, saying what I probably should have said up top:

I do a *lot* of coding for 'public access' documents, and have for several
years. I MUST write for old (and new) browsers. I ~need~ you to please
teach this old Fuzz a new thing or two, *pretty please*.

TIA,
Fuzzy.