Re: Online subscription payments to a not-for-profit organisation

 Date:  Sat, 03 Nov 2001 11:46:28 -0500
 To:  neshaver(at)gn.apc.org,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Helen,

the answer is a carefully qualified - yes.

There are myriad JavaScript and PERL methods available that (for the most
part) do not cost a shilling - *however* all of these free scripts (that I
am aware of) have fairly serious security issues - they aren't - for the
most part.

It is my not so humble opinion that the cost of hiring a commercial service
(there *must* be one in the UK I would think) would be offset by the '
consumer confidence ' it would instill. "Guaranteed Secure" certainly does
wonders for ~my~ peace of mind as a consumer, even if deep down inside, I
realize they actually are not really telling the truth.

HTH,
Fuzzy.