RE: "./" files

 Date:  Sun, 03 Feb 2002 21:36:43 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:03 PM 2/3/02 , Maria's Place wrote:
>You can also create sub-domains, if your hosting service provides for that.
>I don't prefer this method, however I am seeing it used more often.

I agree, Maria.

My vote is for the subdirectories whenever possible.

http://www.foo.com/artgallery
	http://www.foo.com/artgallery/physical
	http://www.foo.com/artgallery/digital
http://www.foo.com/recreation
	http://www.foo.com/recreation/boats/
	http://www.foo.com/recreation/mountainbikes/
http://www.foo.com/food
	http://www.foo.com/food/pizzadel
	http://www.foo.com/food/mailorder

 . . whatever.

Just looking at the above I see a bunch of advantages, not the least of
which being that ' foo.com' is going to get plastered all over the place by
the folks in the various subdirectories. Who ever owns foo.com might just
get to be pretty popular.

get my drift?

:-)
HTH,
Fuzzy.
P.S. Then it's real easy to have all the index.html files you need too!