Re: Validation and margin alignment

 Date:  Wed, 06 Feb 2002 17:48:50 -0500
 To:  "Admin - WebsiteSeeker" <admin(at)websiteseeker.com>,
"Diane" <diane(at)tein.net>,
"HTML Guild" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:10 PM 2/6/02 , Admin - WebsiteSeeker wrote:
[ . . . ]
>3. You are not able to correct the "alt" error, for it is included in
>the linkexchange insert.
[ . . .]

I beg to disagree. Take a look at this:

Web Page Counter<BR>
<.!-- BEGIN FASTCOUNTER CODE -->
<.a
href="http://member.linkexchange.com/cgi-bin/fc/fastcounter-login?793491"
target="_top">
<.img border="0"
src="http://fastcounter.linkexchange.com/fastcounter?793491+1586989"
alt="My Hit Counter."></a>
<.!-- END FASTCOUNTER CODE -->

Perfectly legal, in terms of validation. I realize there is probably some '
rule ' against modifying their code, but hey, even most suits won't sue you
for making their product more stable . . as long as you don't advertise it
wasn't right to start with ;-)

>Make a transparent gif the width you want your margin to be (and/or
>specify your width in a new table data cell) and place it in a new td
>cell, or place one in front of each button image.
[ . . .]

I'll second this suggestion, however, I would change it slightly to: "Make
a transparent gif the width you want your margin to be [and] specify your
width in a new table data cell." But remember, unless you specify
"border="0"" you'll need to take the table border (or borderS if you were
nesting tables) into account in your desired margin width calculations.

HTH,
Fuzzy.