Re: first website query

 Date:  Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:05:40 -0500
 To:  "Richard Lake" <relake(at)akc.quik.co.nz>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Richard,

It looks like you are off to a good start.

I would ~strongly~ recommend a couple of changes to cure the problem you
relate:

1) Change the logo image from a .bmp to a .gif
2) Make the bgimage file smaller - whether it requires redesign or replacement.

I say this because between those two images they total almost 300k.

That my friend is about 100 times what the whole total page should be (for
speedy loading).

That is also the reason behind the issue you describe below.

If you need assistance or guidance to accomplish your graphic diet - just
holler. We have some pretty sharp graphic folks here (too).

HTH,
Fuzzy.