Was Rez, now example.

 Date:  Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:41:34 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:17 AM 3/12/02 , Captain F.M. O'Lary wrote:
>That has worked 99.999999% of the time over the last several years. The
>only real exception being when I had to please a client that didn't pay
>attention when I explained that there were "millions" of
>browser/resolution/platform variations out there.

This is a FWIW ~example~ delete if you are in a hurry.

I would like to expand on this divulgence from the original thread because
a ~prime~ example exist - that I made and maintain . . or try to.

http://www.cmcpwe.com

This is a long standing customer - about five years now. he has turned into
a very good friend so he will understand my using him for an example. I
have beat him over the head with why we should NOT do it like this for . .
. about five years now. This is the first time I am admitting ' publicly '
that I built it!

But ~~~~~~~ he ~~~~~~~ loves the site to death. And I must admit, he sure
as heck IS making a living from it.

http://solitaire.newact.com/

Is a complete contrast in style. This site works anytime anywhere. It
couldn't care less what you are using to view it.

The owner loves the site to death. And I must admit, he sure as heck IS
making a living from it.

I can give you an example of that too ;-) http://www.canopy.net/boat/

I guess by now you must be wondering how that other point sunk in  - huh?

Do your homework;demographics make you or break you. Assert your coding
style judgements as far as you can get away with, ~then~ be flexible.

In parting, just remember this; 2 pixel by 2 pixel transparent .gif's.
Stretch them any way that pleases you !

HTH,
Fuzzy.