Re: xhtml and table height = "100%"

 Date:  Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:04:20 -0500
 To:  "Hall,
Richard H." <rhall(at)umr.edu>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Richard do you mean a way other than:

<.center>bla,bla,bla</center />

~or~

<.div align="center">bla,bla,bla</div />

~or~

<.p align="center"></p />

??

Frankly, I'm spacing out on which one of those is allowed under the XHML
strict. I've been fixing FrontPage ^&$% all day, and my already impaired
brain is . . . .
;-)
Fuzzy.

At 09:50 AM 3/14/02 , Hall, Richard H. wrote:
>To place stuff in the center of the page I have always used a trick I leaned
>a long time ago where I make a 100%  100% table and then use align with a row

>Recently, I have been trying to convert pages to xhtml and at the top of my
>pages I put
>
><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
> > >I found that my old trick was not working and systematically figured
out >that the reason was that the height=100% in the table tag was not
working, >and, further I figured out the culprit was: >
>"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> > >... because
if I removed it the 100% height worked again. > >Questions: > >1) Any idea
why this occured and how to get around it? >2) Are there other methods
(simple would be best) of putting stuff in the >absolute middle of a page?
>Richard H. Hall, PhD >Associate Professor, Information Science and
Technology >Director, Media Design and Assessment Laboratory