Re: 'Floating' Backgrounds in HTML

by Mark Horvath <mhorvath(at)shore.net>

 Date:  Tue, 03 Aug 1999 15:32:50 -0400
 To:  kingben(at)bigfoot.com
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>How do I do the floating backgrounds? When users scroll down, the new text
>appears but the background remains motionless.

Hi Ben,

There are two ways that come to mind. If you use CSS, you could write:

BODY {
                       background :  url("Graphics/Image1.jpg");
                 background-attachment :  fixed;
}

"Background-attachment" is the property that allows you to keep the
background image from scrolling.

The other method, which works only with Internet Explorer, would be to
include the following in your BODY  tag:

.<body background="Graphics/Image1.jpg" bgproperties="FIXED">

Best wishes,

Mark Horvath