Re: COPYING FROM A WEB SITE!

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Tue, 05 Oct 1999 10:31:19 -0700
 To:  "Dick" <r.schweiss(at)worldnet.att.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:29 AM 10/5/99 , Dick tickled the electrons and they aligned
themselves to form these words:

>Excuse me for saying this, but how is it that none of this was addressed to
>ME  .... the original question asker?  ... If it wasn't for the fact that
>there was "hwg-basics@ ...." in the "TO" line, I wouldn't have received this
>msg ... or many of the others on the topic question I posted several days
>ago!!

Dick,
Common mail list protocol normally is: you post a question, others post
answer(s), you come back and read the answer(s), and (possibly) post
follow-up questions/comments.

While some posters will "reply to all", others won't. It's a personal
thing. Personally I don't need the answers to my question sent to my inbox
directly. It just gives me two copies of the same message.

However, if you desire to be replied to directly, simply ask that
responders do so. I'm sure you'll find that most will.

HTH

Jim Parsons
webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com