Re: Could do with some help!

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Wed, 06 Oct 1999 09:17:57 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:45 AM 10/6/99 , ShemaXod(at)aol.com tickled the electrons and they
aligned themselves to form these words:

>In a message dated 10/5/1999 10:03:19 PM Central Daylight Time, arch(at)abts.net
>writes:
>[snip]
>  I have a very good, full-featured text editor
>
>Since reading these posts, I'm curious to know what editors some of you out
>there are using. As a novice, I just assumed Notepad was adequate. What is it
>that you find indispensible in "full-featured" text editors?

Hi Sherill!

I don't want to start a "My editor is better than yours" flame war here, so
this is my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt. Personally I
use Homesite to do my editing. For me the big advantage is the ability to
do global search-and-replace within a document, folder, or project. It also
color codes the html tags for you which makes reading your code much
easier. Homesite is integrated with Dreamweaver so you can have WYSIWYG as
well as text editing. There are many other reasons, but those are the
biggies for me.  For the Mac crowd BBEdit seems to be the text editor of
choice.

There are several other freeware/shareware editors available with many of
the same features as Homesite. You can find a bunch of them at:
http://cws.internet.com/32text.html

Once you start using a "full-featured" test editor you won't want to go
back to NotePad. I started with NotePad, moved to SuperNotepad and then to
Homesite. One advantage to NotePad is it's on *every* Windows computer &
thus highly available in emergencies.

HTH
JP