Re: thumbnail linking question

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Oct 1999 16:34:09 -0700
 To:  ShemaXod(at)aol.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:31 PM 10/11/99 , ShemaXod(at)aol.com tickled the electrons and they
aligned themselves to form these words:
>Hi!
>
>I have a page of thumbnails with each being linked to a seperate html with a
>large image of the thumbnail. The large image has a link back to the
>thumbnail pages which returns to the top of the thumbnail page, but I would
>like it to go back to the same place on the page it came originally came
>from. There is no text with the thumbnails, just images. The page is at

Hi Sherill!

Basically you need to place anchors in your page and reference them in your
links. You'd need to do something like this. On the thumbnail page you
would put this around the [img] tag:

[A NAME="thumb1"][img src="thumb1.jpg][/A]  and do that for each thumbnail.
This is the anchor name.

On the big pic page you put this is your link:

[A HREF="thumbs.html#thumb1"]  the #thumb1 tells the browser to go back to
the anchor called thumb1 and place it at the top of the page.

Replace [ ] with angle brackets and you should be set. I would have used
the code from your page, but AOL says it doesn't exist....

HTH
JP