Re: Potential Scrolling Problem

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Sun, 17 Oct 1999 14:04:38 +1000
 To:  Kassianna(at)WiccanWeb.Net
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Oh dear!  not this page again :)

At 19:39 16/10/99 -0700, you wrote:
>So, the page is http://www.crohns.net/testimonials.html and if you can let
>me know if it overflows, I'd really appreciate it.

NN3 tends to cause this problem - basically cutting off the page in the
middle "S" in Diseases (coloured title bar).

A scroll-bar will only appear once the window goes below this size and even
then, will only scroll as far as the "S"

NN4 - page would not show without reload when browser window resized.  Menu
bar on RHS did not appear at top of screen.

At a quick glance through your code, I did find this:

<!-- BEGIN ATWEB HITOMETER TAG VERSION 2 -->

face="Arial,helvetica"

                          size="2"><script language="JavaScript1.1">

There is NO closing </script> tag - which is probably causing some confusion.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au
Firefighter, Werribee Fire Brigade, CFA