Re: Control the _self target window

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Sat, 23 Oct 1999 15:32:32 +1000
 To:  Thomas Herme <thomas_herme(at)retek.com>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:02 21/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if the default target window '_self' can be controlled for
>size, scrollbars, etc.?
>
>I'm displaying html docs. from an Oracle built-in called WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT.
>Only standard targets are available parameters (_self, _parent, _top, and
>_blank). I want a doc to redisplay itself in a specific window.

At a rough guess I'd say "no".

Parent, self, and _top are all pre-existing windows, so you can't hope to
dynamically resize them without the user's agreement.

Your only chance would be if you could create the window (with the
properties) before calling the WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT command.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au
Firefighter, Werribee Fire Brigade, CFA