RE: Help w/ CGI form

by Paul Clark <pclark(at)gate.net>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:14:04 -0400
 To:  TMira78864(at)aol.com
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
Tanya,

When testing your form (WinNT, Netscape Communicator 4.7) I didn't receive
a window saying that I have chosen to download a form. I did however,
receive the output which said to please check sender's email address.

The download window could be caused by anything from the server not being
set up to parse Perl files properly to the mailform.pl script returning the
improper headers before producing output.

The email message sounds like the script requires a certain field which
isn't being provided by the form you are submitting.

If you would like me to take a look at the script, could you include the
mailform.pl script you are using as well as what type of server it is
running on? A poorly written script can cause all sorts of problems for
different platforms and servers.

Paul Clark