Re: The mysterious changing link color

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Mon, 08 Nov 1999 22:37:49 -0800
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:21 PM 11/8/99 , Marian Newman tickled the electrons and they aligned
themselves to form these words:

>Hi, a colleague of mine is working on a student web page, and for some
>reason, the links on this page (
>http://english.usu.edu/stc_usu/faqpg.html ) are appearing as a yucky
>light blue.  I've looked over code, and I can't see why that is
>happening, but I am a novice, and can easily overlook the obvious.

Hi Marian!

This code in the BODY tag:  LINK="#00FFFF" is pretty much gonna make the
link that yucky blue color. Your colleague needs to define a different
color for the LINK for this page.

I might try starting with #0000FF and working back from there in steps.
Next step might be #00CCFF, then #00AAFF and so on. Assuming the unfollowed
links are supposed to blue that is.

HTH

Jim Parsons
webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com