Re: CSS

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:27:10 -0800
 To:  "Emma Duke-Williams" <emma.duke-williams(at)port.ac.uk>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:40 AM 11/24/99 , Emma Duke-Williams tickled the electrons and they
aligned themselves to form these words:

>I have been reading the HWG accessibility guidelines; and as I
>am using style sheets I thought that I would try their suggestion
>of disabling the style sheets in  IE to see how my style sheeted
>page looks. Only I can't figure out how to ...
>If possible can you reply direct as well as to the list as I only get the
>digest version.
>
>Here is the suggestion that I'm talking about:
[snip]

Hi Emma!

If you are using an external style sheet the easiest way to check your
pages without CSS is to temporarily disable the link to the style sheet.
Several ways to accomplish this, I usually bugger up the CSS file name in
the link , resaving the file and refreshing the browser.

If you are using in-line style statements I think you may be reduced to
removing them to see the page without the CSS attributes in IE, but I could
be wrong. If that's the case, I'd remove them and resave the file with a
new name and viewing that.

HTH

Jim Parsons
webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com