Re: hwg-basics-digest V1 #591

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Fri, 03 Dec 1999 09:28:43 +1100
 To:  "S. Beach" <sabrina_beach(at)yahoo.com>,
Ron Kell <ronkell(at)home.com>,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:33 2/12/99 -0800, S. Beach wrote:
>You make several good points, Ron, but I think you're forgetting that
>if they are living at such a poverty level that they're using a 286
>donated through a charity organization, chances are they won't be
>able to afford the products we'd be selling, either.  :)

This is not true!  Nobody said anything about charity organisations - the
type of circumstances Ron lists are typical of remote areas where the
isolation often means online purchasing is actually cheaper than transport
to shops.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au