Re: Shockwave Flash resources?

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:32:57 +1100
 To:  "Paul M. Bischoff" <bandit(at)nightly.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Paul,

At 19:51 15/12/99 -0800, Paul M. Bischoff wrote:
>Does anyone know of a good resource on how to design pages that incorporate
>Shockwave Flash media?  I've seen some awesome sites that use it, and I'd
>like to see if I can handle it myself.  Also, is there special design
>software required?  If it's going to cost an arm and a leg, it's probably
>not worth it for me.

The "special design software" is Macromedia Flash.

Yes, it costs, but there is a 30-day free trial you can download to decide
beforehand whether you like it or not.  Like all Macromedia products, the
demo version is a full working version, just time limited.

According to their figures support for Flash is wider than support for
Java.  I can believe this, although I doubt their 80% compatibility claim -
I'd prefer to see a breakdown between Flash3 vs Flash 4 rather than just total!

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au