Re: Ulead PhotoImpact

by John Rougeau <JRouge(at)jlc.net>

 Date:  Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:28:11 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:20 AM 1/30/2000 -0500, Robert Frith wrote:
>Does anyone have any experience with Ulead PhotoImpact, the image
>editing software?
>
>I am currently learning Paint Shop Pro.  My scanner came with
>PhotoImpact 4.2, but I didn't install it because I already had PSP.  But
>PhotoImpact's web site says it is "Ten ways better than PSP," and I just
>want to get some feedback from someone who has used it, or better yet,
>both PSP and PI.
>
>Thanks for your help!!
>
>Bob

Bob,

Sorry, I haven't used the latest PSP, 4.0 was my last trial, but I have
upgraded my PI to version 5 (from 3.1, to 4.2, to 5.0).  I love it!

The latest version does lightning strikes, lens flares, MANY great effects
and has a built in animator.  With 4.2, I could make stunning text, with
drop shadow, light reflection, etc.!  It has a feature to optimize .jpg an
.gif for the web, it handles different "objects" within one file (like
layering).  You can overlay, mask, use the opacity feature for desired
intensities....  All I can say is give it a try!

Regards,
-John

P.S.  I have no affiliation whatsoever with Ulead.  I originally received
version 3.1se with my scanner!  :-)