Re: insert words after filename into document

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:04:32 +1100
 To:  tristar(at)raex.com,
"HTML Writer's Guild -- Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 20:37 6/02/00 -0500, Todd Eddy wrote:
>I thought there was way in SSI to insert words entered after the
>filename (index.html?this text).  But I can't figure it out.  I have a
>'midi jukebox' thing so that it will play a MIDI file while people are
>at my site.  But right now I make a seperate HTML file for each MIDI.
>and all the changes from page to page is the name of the MIDI file.  The
>only other way I can thing of doing this is CGI, but don't have a clue
>how to do CGI.

What you are referring to is the GET method of sending information.  You
can program it into a URL or use GET instead of POST as the method in a
HTML form.

In such cases the format is www.abc.com?x=1&y=2&z=3

You have to have name pairs separated by & with the ? separating the URL
from the name pairs.

I'm tired, can't explain it better than that at present :)

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au