Re: what about WAP what!

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:21:47 +1100
 To:  susan banta <sebanta(at)hotmail.com>,
comharsa(at)clara.net,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 15:15 20/02/00 -0800, susan banta wrote:
>I validate HTML 4.1 and pass Bobby at all three levels, so I don't know
>what else I should do to make a site accessible for these devices. And so
>far the particular device that stated to a buyer that all they needed to
>do was ask the webmaster/site owner to make sure the site was made
>compatible hasn't told me how to do that.

Passing Bobby at all three levels means you are well on track!  Also
consider switching to XHTML!  It's modularity is better suited to what we
currently consider non-typical devices.

   http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

Have a close look at "Appendix C: HTML Compatibility Guidelines" which
provides design guidelines on making XHTML documents compatible with
"existing HTML user agents" (aka browsers :)

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au