Re: IE vs NN w/tables??

by Mark C Horvath <mhorvath(at)shore.net>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:24:56 -0500
 To:  Karen & Rob Pickel <pegleg(at)rapidnet.com>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I am having some terrible troubles getting my page to work. Problem
>comes when I am starting out with the background graphics...........
>...........here is what I have so far and it looks ok in IE like I said,
>but NN
>it is ALL messed up........
>http://www.rapidnet.com/~pegleg/test.html

Hi Karen,

I noticed in your second TR, second TD cell, that it is blank. Netscape is
a bit quirky about blank TD cells. I put a couple of lines of text into
that second, blank TD cell and that seemed to be enough to render the page
correctly in NN 4.08. (note: using "&nbsp;" in the second TD cell did not
fix the problem).

To the best of my knowledge, the "background" attribute is not part of the
HTML 4.0 standards. According to Brian Wilson's "Index DOT Html" reference
(http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/html/index.html), support for this
attribute begins with IE3A1 and NN4B3.

Hope this may be useful,

Mark H.