Re: Difference 'twixt XHTML and XML?

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 02 May 2000 14:09:37 +1000
 To:  Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Chuck,

At 20:47 1/05/00 -0400, Charles A Upsdell wrote:
 >Actually, when XHTML came out, I asked the list guide whether
 >XHTML was a suitable topic for this mail list:  I was told "NO",
 >that the XML list is more appropriate.

I guess it depends on how you phrased your question - email is easily
misunderstood.

If you asked me, I'd say the best place to find an ANSWER to an XHTML
question would be on HWG-XML.  However that doesn't mean you can't ask here :-)

Here are some URL's for XHTML if anyone is interested:
http://webreference.com/xml/column6/index.html
http://webreview.com/wr/pub/1999/07/16/feature/index.html
http://www.wilddog.com/xhtml/index.html

Anyone wanting to ensure their XHTML is backward compatible should check
out Appendix C of the XHTML specification on the W3C site.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au