Re: Desperate-Need assistance

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Sun, 07 May 2000 13:35:02 +1000
 To:  tjtmd(at)attglobal.net,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Tanya,

At 19:39 6/05/00 -0400, Tanya wrote:
>I am trying to link 2 documents both at certain points (using the A
>NAME... and the...doc1.html#whatever.
>W3C keeps rejecting them; messages are that that document type does not
>support the A tag????

That is because you have not CLOSED the first A tag, and valid HTML won't
allow a link element inside another link element:

Your code:
This could be fun but doubt it<A NAME="there">.
To return to no fun <A HREF="noFun.html#here">Here</A>

Needs to be:
This could be fun but doubt it<A NAME="there"></A>
. To return to no fun <A HREF="noFun.html#here">Here</A>

See the extra </A> ?

Good luck.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au