Re: cross platform fonts

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Sun, 14 May 2000 15:17:49 +1000
 To:  Lori Eldridge <lorel(at)ior.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Lori,

At 18:18 13/05/00 -0700, Lori Eldridge wrote:
>Thanks for all your very helpful advice about fonts and font families,
>etc. I think if I just provide a alternate fonts that should solve my problem.

Yep - that's the best solution!  You will even find find products such as
Dreamweaver automatically suggest multiple alternatives for font selection.

However, if you ever find yourself in the position of having to "specify" a
"cross-platform" font for a project carried out with designers from both
Mac and Win platforms then Adobe fonts are the way to go.  This incurs a
licensing fee, but simplifies management.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au