Re: Advice on browsers

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Fri, 19 May 2000 09:27:15 +1000
 To:  tjtmd(at)attglobal.net
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Tanya,

At 18:31 18/05/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there an upper limit to the number of web browsers one has on an
>unpartitioned HD (as long as they are not all running:)?(win98)

The only limit is with respect to browsers like Internet Explorer which
require updated DLL files.  If you have IE4 installed, there is an
option  to keep it when installing IE5.  There is no problem with Netscape
- I've got 0.9 (Mosaic), 1.22, 2.02, 3.01, 4.04, 4.6 - just install them in
separate directories.

>And is Lynx very *demanding* (memory-wise, etc?)

No - it's text-based, not very GUI at all, and hence isn't demanding.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au