RE: Adding a Text Link

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Wed, 21 Jun 2000 05:17:41 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:59 AM 6/21/00 , Craig S. Kiessling tickled the electrons and they
aligned themselves to form these words:

>Hi there
>
>To be honest, I have not really been following this thread regularly, but I
>noticed in a couple of posts that people are referring to the line break
>tag, <br>. But when I see you guys post it - you add in a period inside the
>tag like this - <.br> is that a typo - or something that I am totally
>unaware of ? If so - please clue me in.
>The only different way to tag that one I knew of was the XHTML spec for
>closing - <br />
>Please advise.

Craig,

Some email clients (AOL chiefly) will render html tags, rather than show
the tag as text. Hence adding the period allows everybody to see what the
author intended.

hth

Jim Parsons
webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com