Re: repeating background image

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:57:08 -0700
 To:  "Heather Clark" <iris777888(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:51 AM 6/23/00 , Heather Clark tickled the electrons and they aligned
themselves to form these words:

[snip]
>Both work fine in IE but very poorly in Netscape. I feel that I may be
>missing a simpler solution. I tried using the background image on the page
>itself, within the body tag, and couldn't get the table snug against the
>left side, even after removing the cellpadding, cellspacing and border.  I
>hope that once you see it you will be able to figure out what I am
>attempting to do.

Heather,

NS doesn't recognize table backgrounds at all. What you have to do is place
your graphics as cell backgrounds after you dice them.

Here's a web site that explains it better than I can here:
http://www.inforamp.net/~suzanne/index/celtic.html

Very good info on the ins and outs of tables and background graphics.

hth

Jim Parsons
webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com
phone: (509) 521-5424