Tab Delimiting (was Re: Excel Spreadsheets)

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:27:27 -0500
 To:  "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>,
"Shelley Watson" <shelleyw(at)home.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
HUNH?

Actually, I just uploaded a survey script from another source and it saves
the results in tab delimited format. O.k., so I have a file called
survey.log in my cgi-bin and I can look at the results with my ftp program,
but this survey for someone else. And, she would like to have the results
in a database (shudder, I'm DB-impaired).

So, I'm finally going to ask -- how does one transfer tab-delimited text
files into spreadsheets, and in Shelley's case, back again?

Thank you!

Tamara