Re: Creating watermarks

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:08:32 -0500
 To:  "Barbara" <queenbabbs(at)earthlink.net>,
"Cindy Stanley,
SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:39 AM 8/24/00 -0600, Barbara wrote:
>Or, you could do something as simple as what you'll see @
>discoveryservices.com. I made the background an image large enough to fill
>the screen, with the watermark in the middle. Then, designated:
>bgproperties="fixed".

Barbara, is the background here supposed to have one eye just under the
Discovery Services banner and another centered eye between Skip Trace and
Asset Search?

I went and took a peek as soon as I saw this post since Netscape Navigator
is notorious about ignoring any type of BG properties either in the body
tag or through CSS.

>That will keep the background static (not moving)
>while the rest of the site scrolls over it.

Nope -- the eyes stay put. The site is not scrolling over the background.
And, I think you would have to get pretty far into CSS to do the scrolling
you describe. And, if it works, it won't work the same between NN and IE.
I'm sure you will get other reports from Opera users too.

Tamara