Re: Demo CD - (slightly off topic)

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:38:36 -0700
 To:  Nikki.Lee.Robinson(at)brunel.ac.uk,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  nrobinson(at)iname.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:03 AM 8/29/00 , Nikki.Lee.Robinson(at)brunel.ac.uk tickled the electrons
and they aligned themselves to form these words:

>[snip]
>Now what I'd really like to do is write an "autorun.inf" that opens the
>contents page (contents.html) in the users browser.  This saves having to
>put a readme file or other detailed instruction on the CD that will never
>be read.
>
>My question is does anyone know how I should write the autorun.inf file
>(in note pad I realise, but what code?)?
>Oh and I realise it will only work if the user has autorun selected.

Nikki,

This might be an alternative for you. It's a shareware program called
Autorunner 32. It's customizable and may suit your needs. You can check it
out here: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Autorunner_win32/

hth

Jim Parsons
webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com