Re: Opening a new window from a link with target=_blank

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:49:55 -0500
 To:  "Kate Pollara" <kpollara(at)home.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Kate,

Most of the links open within the main frame. Then I found *Scarlet* -- ouch!

But, the musicians' pages are definitely opening in a new window that is
covering up the original window.

Two thoughts come to mind:
A) You could define the size of the window that opens
         ~or~
B) Since you're using frames anyway, why not have them open in the existing
frame?

I'm thinking of my father-in-law here, he has no concept of new windows and
does not understand about task bars, closing or minimizing windows, etc.

HTH,
Tamara