Re: Netscape/Explorer Help!

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:08:27 -0600
 To:  "TinaGamble" <tinagamble(at)mindspring.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Tina,

>  I have recently designed my web
>page for this class using absolute positioning.  My page works and looks as
>I want in Explorer, however my links do not work, nor does it look as I
>planned it in Netscape.

You are definitely on the right track about the positioning -- I picked up
a dHTML sliding navBar script and the links do work -- they're just
*hiding* -- or at least that's what happened to me.

Now, I don't have it all figured out yet, but so far, I've discovered NN
will only accept /one/ absolute position declaration and even then it's a
little flaky. Then, by playing, fiddling and tearing out a lot of hair over
relative positioning, you just /might/ get it close.

And, you can check out this site -- Peter-Paul has a lot of great
information about dHTML, layers, javascript and more

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/

Good luck!
Tamara