Re: chat service

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:02:43 -0600
 To:  "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>,
"HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi all,

Ted, as usual, offers some great advice, the only thing I would like to add
is Yahoo's chat feature. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe they offer
private *clubs* which could work as a sort of chatroom. They also have
their own Yahoo Chat thing (If I ever remember to turn mine on, I'm
abbeyink -- I think??) which works a little like AOL's Instant Messenger
but it also has a voice chat feature. I think it also offers multiple users
so you could schedule chats. I mention it only because it could be an
option for you.

However, if you're looking into more of a customer service kind of thing,
HumanClick offers a little java applet that you put on your web site and
people can click it when you're on line. Since it's Java it
also  automatically changes over to an off-line message but seems to work
fairly well. They are constantly upgrading it (they've nagged me a few
times), so they may even offer chats with several people. I know my
particular version is still pretty much one-on-one.

Human Click is at http://www.humanclick.com/
Yahoo -- well, you know where it's at, just follow the links :-)

Good luck and I hope it helps a little

~Tamara