Re: mouseovers

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:17:18 -0600
 To:  "Phil Babcock" <pbabcock(at)bgsgroup.com>,
"html list" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Phil -- good question!

I've used several different mouseovers and most have worked with various
levels of success. I used to primarily use the one from Larry Coates, but
even that one would occasionally *hang up* or have a glitch here and there.

I primarily worked with PPK's mouseovers because I was doing an SSI navbar
and I wanted a 3rd image to show that the viewer was on the page already
instead of showing it as a still-active link -- yeah, I'm a little picky --
and PPK's script easily converts to that third level with the addition of a
body onload event. It also helped that PPK worked with me and could explain
things so someone js-imparied like me could get it to work.

Also, with the fun-n-games of XHTML, PPK's script /still/ worked, validated
and it works quick and fast.

I don't have any working examples of the third level -- that project has
been sitting in the pending basket for so long I'll have to charge them
storage fees -- but in a demo area, this script just worked.

And, it worked real fast regardless of what I used to access it.

Your script may be absolutely fantastic, I just hadn't seen it until now
so, I'm going to stick with PPK's script -- if it ain't broke . . .

HTH,
~Tamara