Re: Search Engine Placement

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:31:25 -0600
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:30 AM 12/13/00 -0600, Pam Pajunen wrote:
>I haven't had to do any placement before and I'm not really sure where to
>look to see the "proper" method for submission.  Can anyone suggest a good
>place to start?

And the engines/directories usually have *submit url* buttons that link to
their information on how to submit. Read and follow the directions carefully.

As long as the subject has been opened again -- what are you folks thinking
as far as Yahoo's new shopping/B2B paid listings as well as Alta Vista
going with GoTo.com's paid listings?

When LookSmart went to paid only, well, I was watching and this has been
discussed here before, but now that it's actually happening, I'm curious as
to what I should tell clients, what kind of advice to give, etc.

Or, if it's even worth discussing here.

Thanks,
Tamara