Re: Search Engine Placement

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:53:54 -0600
 To:  Jim Tom Polk <jtpolk(at)texas.net>,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:22 PM 12/14/00 -0600, Jim Tom Polk wrote:
>Paying for consideration of a listing is simply the cost of advertising
>a business.
>
>This will be a strain for a small business and bust the bank for the
>spammers.
>
>Folks, this pay for consideration was in no large part brought to us by
>the same folks that stuff your mail box with messages like: ''Russian
>Girls are Waiting for YOU!!'', and ''Sit on butt 24hours a day and make
>5,000 a WEEK!!!'', and the ever popular ''Hello!'' with some sort of XXX
>or MLM message attached. They have stuffed the search engines, abused
>the system, so now we all have to pay.

But, as a former co-owner of a small hardware store, when we paid for that
direct mail, we got it. If the resident lined a birdcage, wrapped potato
peels, never even looked at it long enough for that, then, tough -- but it
was _delivered_ --

let's just say Yahoo hasn't earned my trust. I would trust the *Sit on
butt* mailer first.

Tamara