Re: Credit Card Options

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 04 Jan 2001 08:05:40 -0600
 To:  "Dale Harrington" <info(at)blueinkwebdesign.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Dale T. Harrington" <Blueink603(at)aol.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:09 AM 1/4/01 -0500, Dale Harrington wrote:
>Hi all and thanks for past help!
>
>Building a site for a small non-profit (which would be an apt discription of
>my web site business) and they want to accept credit card payments for
>tickets to their ball games.
>
>There seem to be many options, would be interested in your experiences.
>PayPal seems to be what I'm leaning toward. It appears to be straight
>forward, and I figure that if etrade allows it, it must be reputable?

Yup, works good. I have two non-profits that use it as well as one baby
e-commerce site. The rates are very reasonable and they do pay as promised.
If your non-profits go out and look into merchant accounts, well, they just
may find the cost prohibitive for first starting out by the time they look
into the discount fees, the zon fees, etc.

I do have one non-profit that initially thought they could take credit
cards through PayPal -- all credit cards. No, this is for web orders only.
They can't take it with them to the ball field.

As long as you're looking at a non-profit, you may also want to check out
CafePress (dot com) I think. They offer things like t-shirts and
sweatshirts, etc., for you and/or your organization. No printing/set up
fees, and I know some people that have had good luck with them too. As
opposed to the group that went out and spent $800 for t-shirts and still
has $750 worth of shirts left after a year ;-)

Good luck and I HTH,
Tamara