Re: how to insert into html

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:11:07 -0600
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:36 PM 1/18/01 -0700, Elias Thienpont wrote:
>The Character Map will allow you to copy the symbol to your clipboard,
>which you can paste into your text.
>Naturally as with all fonts, you user also must have that character set on
>their computer, but using your most standard fonts, this is not a problem.

That sounds interesting since the &reg or #169 is not really supported
cross-platform. This is currently in discussion on the techniques list, but
the archives are not functioning yet. I hope the poster to that list
doesn't mind, but here's his test ascii character list which he is
developing and testing: http://www.chucke.com/entities_problems.html (i.e.,
if it's broke, don't complain to me -- it's a test being conducted by the
author for /our/ benefit -- yeah, I've learned to be careful about
attempting to share resources).

Have you had good results with this technique then, Br.?

Thanks,
Tamara