Re: CSS - What's up with that

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:27:01 -0600
 To:  "Justin H." <justinh(at)whidbey.net>,
"HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:59 AM 1/23/01 -0800, Justin H. wrote:
>I haven't had the chance (time) to check out IE6, but Netscape/Mozilla
>support for CSS will be CSS 1 (fully),

Actually, Justin, the NS-advertised support for CSS1 depends on the DTD
used for the document according to posts I've read on several lists. NS 6
really doesn't like tables, I have seen this in action. And, due to their,
uh, unique interpretation of the DOM (which, I don't really understand
either), some CSS positioning elements are getting weird.

In addition to things I've read on HWG lists, I have also seen some
discussions over at evolt.org and Peter-Paul Koch also discusses it at his
web site, http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/.

I try to work within the browser support (or lack of) and just stick to the
things that do work. So, yeah, I still use tables :(

Good luck and I hope this helps a little,
Tamara