Re: A fuzzy OPINION<Brick and Broom>

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:11:22 -0600
 To:  "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:46 PM 2/20/01 -0500, Captain F.M. O'Lary wrote:
>Exchange the words "code" with "tools" and "browser" with "canvas" and I'm
>afraid the argument that using this stuff is any kind of good idea doesn't
>hold much water in my OPINION.

Well, that is true, if you continue to perceive the web as a single
solitary *canvas.* But, I've had a little experience with some alternate
canvasses.

I once sold paint, so I can take your tool example and show you some
perfectly nice, washable, durable eggshell finish paint that people could
use to paint their living rooms. Unless that living room was in an
apartment building, then I'd shake up a 5 gallon bucket of the cheapest,
flattest paint we had, oh, about $49 (as opposed to $110 for the good,
washable paint) and know full well that we'd be seeing the customer again
-- next time a rental unit needed painting.

While the tools are radically different, they both accomplished the same
goal: the room, i.e., canvas,  was covered with paint.

Although, I think both customers probably used a sprayer instead of a brick
or a broom.

8-)

Standards and recommendations are important. I won't argue that. But,
again, the choice of a tool will ultimately depend on the desired result.

~Tamara