Re: nested tables and Netscape stats

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:03:33 -0600
 To:  Kevin Warrene <kwarrene(at)adelphia.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:06 AM 3/1/01 -0500, Kevin Warrene wrote:
>You can get the latest info here on browsers, OS, resolution, etc
>
>http://thecounter.com/stats/2001/January/browser.html
>
>Internet Explorer versions @ 84% for January 2001

Kevin,

Thanks for trying, but, no, I can't get the info I want from them. The
Counter keeps track of stats for users of The Counter. What I'm curious
about is things like Jim Tom Polk's report -- not even a blip yet -- Also,
Cap'n, how about you? What are you seeing? I know you deal with some
schools and governments and they don't use the counter either.

And, some of our overseas friends? Is NS 6.0 making any hits? In my very
limited experience, NS 6 does run faster once it finally comes up, so maybe
those pay-per-minute dial-up users overseas are considering it??

I'm asking so I can sort of gauge how long it will be before I really need
to fix sites for NS 6.0 -- I know, it is nothing that will happen for
awhile. But, I also heard a US-based magazine sent out CD-ROMs with the
newest version. No, I don't intentionally build sites to exclude NS 6.0,
but it's new and I was just a little curious.

Although, if NS 6.0 /really/ supported the W3C recs, then I wouldn't have
to fix a thing.

Thanks!
Tamara