Re: Not HTML

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Tue, 06 Mar 2001 07:59:49 -0600
 To:  "hwg basic" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:11 PM 3/5/01 -0500, Debra Sawyers wrote:
>If you intend to act as the webmaster, you should list yourself as the
>administrative contact, your friend as the owner/billing contact, and your
>hosting service as the technical contact.  Your hosting company will provide
>the DNS server names and addresses you'll need for the forms.

As someone who just went through the nightmare of transferring a web site
from an out-of-business *host* to a new host, I'm going to take issue with
the part about listing yourself as the administrative contact. According to
the procedure I went through, the admin /is/ the owner of the site. It took
about 4 days to handle the transfer of the domain /back/ to the owner. I
have yet to be concerned about re-newing a domain, and perhaps I'll come to
regret my decision, but I believe the site owner should be the
administrative contact since that is the person/group that has first crack
at changes, modifications, renewals, etc.

FWIW,
<Tamaraa />