Re: FW: Networking

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:54:08 -0600
 To:  "Molly Brewer" <mwb(at)alpha.rwu.edu>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:30 PM 3/9/01 -0800, Molly Brewer wrote:
>Have any of you felt that belonging to a specific professional association
>has made a huge difference in your web design knowledge?

HWG absolutely, positively. Then, once the members educated me fairly well,
I've also joined evolt.org -- primarily programming type talk that is /way/
over my head, but nevertheless, good articles, tips, etc. A nice
compliment, but if I could only belong to one: HWG

>If so, what
>organization?  Also, have any of you felt that you learned a huge amount by
>attending a particular conference?  If so, who sponsored the conference?

No, but then again, I'll be attending my first conference in April. I must
have been under a rock or something, but Comdex takes place in Chicago, IL,
USA and duh! I live right near Chicago, so I'll be attending this year.

I also belong to two local groups, Digital Eve-Chicago and a new group
that's just starting, Freelance Women. That's more for a face-to-face type
of opportunity to sit around and relax, socialize and *talk shop* with
someone who's eyes /don't/ glaze over at the mention of my latest technique.

FWIW,
<tamara />