Re: cell phone browser

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:27:27 -0600
 To:  "Cook,
Shelby" <scook(at)equibase.com>,
"'hwg-basics(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:06 AM 3/14/01 -0500, Cook, Shelby wrote:

>Does anyone know of any computer-based browsers which allow you to view a
>webpage as a cell phone user would view the page similar to the lovely WebTV
>Viewer?  I haven't been able to find any information in the hwg archives on
>this.  There is very little phone traffic to our site now but I think this
>will probably change in the future.

Shelby, I don't do much with cell phone web sites, but I'm pretty sure cell
phones can only access sites that are written in *their* language -- WML
(Wireless Markup Language) and that's where some of this XHTML/XML stuff is
coming into play.

http://www.wap.com/ -- has some good info on wireless and there's an
emulator there somewhere, I've just lost the link now, but I know it was
there -- I saw it.

HTH,
<tamara />