Re: "Revised" code

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:23:12 -0600
 To:  "Ronnie Marchand" <webfeet01(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:29 PM 3/20/01 -0500, Ronnie Marchand wrote:
>Is there any javascript code that would automatically change the date on
>the web page.  What I want to do is have the revised date change every
>time I make changes to the page so people know how old the info
>is.  Thanks Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

Yes, there is, but javascript is client-side and viewers could have it
turned off. Also, it doesn't always report the date quite right depending
on the browser.

In addition to javascript, you might want to investigate server-side
scripts like PHP or ASP.

That said,

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript" type="text/javascript">
  <!--
    document.writeln(FormatDate(document.lastModified));
  //-->
</SCRIPT>

I think I got this from http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/. I know Peter-Paul
Koch has been doing a lot of work on javascript and he even explains it to
folks like me that are js-illiterate.

FWIW,
<tamara />