Re: xhtml validation and Netscape

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:43:48 -0600
 To:  "Mike Lessar" <rfd246(at)bigfoot.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:00 AM 3/27/01 -0500, Mike Lessar wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I have recently started converting my site to validate in xhtml
>transitional.
>
>I have gotten the front page to validate.
>
>The problem is not the validation, but rather how netscape displays the
>page.
>
>the site is http://www.lessar.com
>
>In MSIE 5 and 5.5 it displays the way I intend it to.
>
>when viewed in Netscape 4.7, it is off center., however when viewed with

Just a quick guess, but you have the body set to 0 margins which will
*cascade* to the table in IE, but you will probably need to set some CSS
for the table so it will also have 0 margins and then the top row *should*
line up better with your background.

The only way I've been able to get a table to sit at the very top is to set
a div class -- good luck! This can get tricky in Netscape.

<tamara />